Established in 2011 by a group of responsible Afghans, EWSSO is a not-for-profit welfare organization that strives to support the poorest of the poor, orphans, widows and victims of natural disasters and wars across the country. Since its establishment, EWSSO has played a vital role in bridging the rich and the poor of the Afghan society and has distributed an enormous amount of aid to the needy people of Afghanistan.
Sponsorship of orphans has constituted a significant part of EWSSO’s work, through which it was able to provide education opportunities for the orphan children and some aid in the form of food items and clothing to their families.
- Other completed projects of EWSSO include: Raising around $650,647 funds for poor Afghan families;
- Sponsorships for up to 131 orphans;
- Emergency aid to more than 7,646 victims of natural disasters;
- Aid to over 250 victim families of war and terrorist attacks;
- Eid gifts to up to 4,560 children and families.
Some ongoing projects of EWSO include:
- Sponsorship of up to 40 orphans in Kabul, Herat and Nangarhar;
- Monthly stipend for 100 families in Western Herat province;
- Covering educational expenses of 150 students in Kabul.
The vision of Ehsas Welfare and Social Services Organization (EWSSO) is to establish itself as a pioneer and trustworthy charity organization working in the areas of education, health, emergency aid, social services, empowerment, and sponsorship of orphans in Afghanistan.
The Mission of EWSSO is to contribute to a self-reliant, prosperous and poverty-free Afghanistan by providing aid to the needy and encouraging the rich to help the poor through social services and humanitarian aid programs.
1. Attainment of Allah’s pleasure through helping out our people.
2. Poverty Alleviation through Employment
3. Sponsorship of orphans and widows
4. Mental Health Programs and job creation for people with disability
5. Connecting the needy with the rich
6. Establishing a Trust Fund for the poor